An opportunity has become available for a qualified accountant to join a social investment organisation as Group Accountant.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations this role is responsible for the content and statutory reporting outputs produced by the finance function including the annual financial accounts and any HMRC/tax requirements such as VAT and PAYE. In addition this role will support business partnering across the organisation to enable group finance reporting to support the delivery of the organisation's strategy and focus. In particular the ability to ensure their structures (charity with commercial subsidiaries), processes and controls are robust.
We are looking for someone who: Is self-motivated, pro-active, has excellent relationship management skills, a strategic thinker and someone who is able to adapt and be flexible in a very demanding and busy environment. You will be extremely comfortable with technology and cloud based systems and ideally have experience of working with remote teams.
Key skills and Experience
- ACCA, ICAEW or equivalent Qualified Accountant
- Excellent Relationship Management Skills, external and internal customer focused; proactive and with leadership skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Influencing skills - motivating teams and individuals
- Excellent planning skills and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical thinker with good problem-solving skills
- The post demands the ability to present and report financial information to a high standard (tables, graphics etc.) to write clear and concise reports and to make confident verbal presentations
- Excellent and up to date accountancy, tax and compliance experience.
- Excellent understanding and experience of efficient financial procedures and robust internal controls
- Competent user with demonstrable experience of cloud based/electronic financial process including ensuring effective control mechanisms
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure
- Strategic thinker and innovative - willing to try new ideas and test new ways of doing things
- Commitment to equalities and customer care
- Good knowledge of the voluntary and community sector, local and central government.
- Previous experience of Xero