I'm currently recruiting for a Group Accountant to join a luxury retailer.
Working as part of the Group Financial Reporting team, covering a range of activities, including monthly end reporting responsibilities, year-end and interim statutory group reporting responsibilities, and other ad hoc project work as required.
Key Responsibilities of the Group Accountant
Monthly analysis and review
- Liaising with regional finance teams and other business partners to obtain relevant information for preparation of month end close journals
- Responsibility for preparation of monthly centrally controlled accounting adjustments, including both the calculation and posting of these adjustments
- Preparation of monthly analysis and reporting schedules to support month end journals
- Ad hoc monthly reporting as required
- Month end rates reporting (on a rota basis)
Forecasting and budgeting
- Responsibility for preparation of centrally controlled accounting adjustments for forecast and/or budget periods, for submission in to the group FP&A team
- Preparation of analysis and reporting schedules for inclusion into the forecast / budget reporting pack to support the forecast / budget submission
- Ad hoc analysis to support scenario reporting, as required.
- Review of regional interim and year-end submissions
- Review and analysis of specific group consolidated balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of specific note disclosures for the group consolidated statutory accounts
- Performing consistency and accuracy checks on draft group consolidated statutory accounts
- Liaison with external auditors where necessary
- Preparation of schedules to support Audit Committee papers as required
This role would suit a newly qualified ACA from an audit background.