This is a role at an SME mining business in the City of London who are growing their finance team owing to an upcoming new project.
This is a highly varied role giving the incumbent daily exposure to the CFO as well as the operations at the mine site.
This newly created, varied role reports into the FC and works closely with the Group Office.
The role is wide ranging across the finance functions (external & internal reporting, statutory & management reporting, financial systems, processes & controls, treasury, financial planning & analysis and tax).
This role will include supporting the Group FC and CFO in establishing finance processes, policies and reporting.
- Maintaining the monthly, quarterly and annual Group Financial Close process
- Managing the Group consolidation reporting and system administration
- Liaise with site finance with regards to the Group Reporting Timetable
- Liaise with external auditors to prepare audit deliverables, ensuring compliance with the agreed audit timetable.
- Support the FC in dealing with ad-hoc Group accounting issues including maintaining positive relationships with global site finance teams as required to troubleshoot and investigating issues.
- Support the Group FC in Group accounting policies.
- Monitoring spend against budgets and highlighting delays in cash flow or costs and advising business sectors when spend / income flow falls outside expected parameters including
- establishing rapport and clear working relations with business units in mining income centres,
- forward planning and quarterly balance reviews to alert teams to over or underspend or anomalies before reporting deadlines,
- working to support the areas with current and timely reporting to assist business planning,
- providing a proactive and responsive point of contact for queries and supporting the overall financial services of the Company to assist in co-operation and communication across the group
- Qualified accountant, ideally with 1-2 years post-qualified experience
- Sound knowledge of IFRS
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret financial information
- Extractive industry experience advantageous
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, comfortable working in a small team
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, team player
- Self-motivated with ability to learn quickly
- Ability to prioritise work
- Strong attention to detail required
- Competent Microsoft Office skills; prior experience of financial accounting packages preferred
- Familiarity with Tagetik and Domo would be advantageous but training shall be provided
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced in the use of Excel
- Data entry skills
- Systems implementation and process improvement knowledge