A market leading Natural Resources business are looking for a strong Technical Accountant to join their Head Office team as Group Finance Manager. The role is diverse and will give exposure to Planning & Operational Accountant whilst also being the Technical Accounting Champion.
They are a unique business with well established operations and a majority market share of a niche product. The team there are world class and it is a great environment to develop in.
The Group Finance Manager will be an integral part of the finance and accounting team reporting to the Finance Director.
The Group Finance Manager will be responsible for the preparation of the monthly Group consolidation and Group and UK entity internal and external financial reporting, as well as the management of budget for the UK head office entities (3 direct reports) and will be the Group's technical accounting expert.
The role also analyses the Group's financial information needs by reviewing existing systems and working out the best way to meet those needs through the design of new systems.
The successful candidate will provide support to key decision makers and act as the interface between the business and technology/systems.
The role responsibilities will include:
- Management of monthly financial reporting and analysis for the Group
- Management and preparation of monthly Group consolidation and Group management accounts and commentary and analysis for presentation to the CFO and Board
- Management of the external audit process and preparation of Annual and Interim Reports as well any liaison with stakeholders
- Technical accounting - complex transactions, provide guidance to local teams, write technical papers; deal with auditors etc
- Writing technical accounting papers on acquisitions, new accounting standards, changes in accounting policies and provide IFRS guidance to local teams on technical accounting issues
- Statutory accounts for the UK entities prepared and filed well ahead of statutory accounts deadlines
- Working effectively with the Tax Manager and external auditors
- Ad-hoc project work and reporting requests, including Board reporting
- Responsibility for the management of the annual budgets and forecasts for the UK entities
- Production of monthly rolling cashflow forecast for UK entities.
- Assisting Group Financial Planning & Analysis ('FP&A') and Group Tax with ad hoc tasks.
- Ensuring tax compliance for the key UK entities, including Corporation Tax, VAT, Intrastat
Commercial and Strategic:
- Business partnering and influence key decision makers
- Involvement with legal and treasury - re-financing loans and other transactions
- Ad-hoc project work with other key stakeholders
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA etc.)
- At least 3 years post qualifying experience, with some time out of practice
- A very strong knowledge of IFRS, and advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and experience of managing a team
- Team player capable of working effectively and productively with other managers across a diverse cultural environment
- Previous experience in mining or oil and gas industry, is preferable but not essential
Interviews will begin ASAP via Skype/Zoom etc so please do get in touch for more detail