Our client, Norlake Hospitality Limited is a London based owner and developer of unique hospitality properties and experiences around the world. The group owns 10 trading hotels, operating under The Hoxton brand in the UK, Europe and USA, a private members club in Mayfair as well as the landmark Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland.
In addition to these, the Group has a further four hotels and another member club in development throughout UK and Europe. Once completed and stabilized, these will bring the market value of the owned assets to around $2.5bn with annual Group revenues in excess of $500m.
Our sites are operated by third-party managers, with the majority falling under the remit of Ennismore, who is a world leading lifestyle hospitality brand. Both Ennismore and Norlake started their journeys together in 2012 when Norlake purchased its first hotel in London (Hoxton Shoreditch) and Ennismore was created to manage the site. Whilst Ennismore and Norlake have different ownership structures, the two companies have been close partners ever since and each are a fundamental part of the others business.
The role leads the finance team, reporting into the Finance Director, and responsible for all aspects of the group finance, including reporting to both internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll do…
- Support and guide Finance Team through accounting and reporting of the Group’s corporate and development entities.
- Oversee and review monthly management accounts & budgets/forecasts (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flow statements and balance sheet reconciliations) for corporate entities
- Prepare and review financial statements and be the main point of contact for queries from auditors
- Manage and review monthly payroll, adhering to all deadlines and corresponding with People Team and outsourced providers.
- Support in filing VAT/ CT returns
- Support implementation and monitoring of appropriate governance for the Group
- Lead your team by example, taking an active hand in their development and creating a positive team culture
- Manage a team of 2 direct reports
What we’re looking for…
- Qualified CA, ACA or ACCA
- Previous experience as a finance manager with global, multi-currency Group in line with UK GAAP and IFRS
- Technical proficiency in UK GAAP and IFRS, experience and knowledge of VAT
- Someone who is always proactively looking for ways to improve governance & efficiency
- A strong relationship builder, with experience working closely with legal, finance and tax teams
- A confident communicator, who can ‘translate’ financial information to non-finance people
- Strong experience with Excel and reconciliation skills
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative and get the job done
- High organization skills with great attention to detail that doesn’t drop even when spinning multiple plates at once
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What’s in it for you…
- 22 days holiday (and bank holidays), plus pension and a competitive salary
- Private medical insurance, private dental insurance, and a health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- Excellent discounts across all the sites we own
- Opportunities to develop and grow in a fast-paced work environment
- Based in our offices in Mayfair
- Company Sponsored lunch before payday as a treat at the end of the month
- Regular team get togethers