Academies Enterprise Trust is the largest multi-academy trust in the country with a national network of over 60 academies across England. Under new leadership, with an entirely new executive team Board members, AET is now a radically different organisation.Partnering with Goodman Masson we are looking to recruit a dynamic Group Finance Manager.
The Group Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting and driving forward the company's financial accounting, management reporting, systems accounting and control activities across a group of companies and academies, to ensure they are carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with best practice and company and charity guidelines. Reporting directly to the Deputy Director of Finance, the post holder will be responsible for supporting the development, operation and management of the financial and business functions across the Trust.
- To assist the Deputy Director of Finance in resource management, budget and performance reviews, projections, planning and monitoring of the Group.
- To support, develop and manage a high quality central finance provision and control environment.
- To provide strategic and operational financial management services which enable academies within the group to optimise the use of all available resources in a manner which is supportive and complementary to the overall objectives and the effective functioning of the academies.
- To develop the financial skills of academy staff, direct reports and governors as appropriate.
- To support the Deputy Director of Finance and deputise when necessary in this fast growing organisation.
- Review academy level and consolidated monthly management accounts ensuring that they provide insights and detailed analysis which supports the Deputy Director of Finance, Chief Financial Officer and Executive Board in decision-making and deliver of Group strategy;
- Manage the forecasting process for the group cash flow projections on a monthly and annual basis;
- Work with the Management Accountant to ensure the AP process runs smoothly and that any queries are dealt with accordingly;
- Ensure that monthly and year-end management reports for the Board are accurate and submitted before their respective deadlines.
- Responsible for the Financial Statements through supporting the Group Financial Reporting Accountant in the preparation of the annual accounts and the subsequent audit process through to satisfactory completion of the annual audit;
- Liaising with external audit; and
- Ensure that Group VAT returns, statutory reporting, regulatory returns required by the ESFA, is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Systems & Controls
- Ensure that trust financial policies are up to date, fit for purpose and compliant with the ESFA's requirements;
- Using a financial control framework, including financial accountabilities, authority levels, reconciliation monitoring and monthly financial reporting to deliver sustainable financial control for the Group and its academies;
- Ensure there is an up to date Financial Procedures Manual which is followed and managed correctly across the School Support Services departments;
- Contribute to ensuring there are effective financial controls in place across AET, and that they are adhered to;
- Ensure accounting systems are maintained and developed to deliver timely and meaningful management information; and
- Ensure postings made by the central team to PS Financials are accurate.
- Support the School Support Services Finance Team and wider finance team in the effective g Accountant at year end with ad hoc workings, reconciliations and reviews of templates submitted by academies;
- Review overall financial viability of academies and provide support and direction in staffing model affordability, expenditure levels and internal control adherence; and
- To carry out other ad hoc tasks from time to time as directed by the Deputy Director of Finance.
The post-holder is also required to undertake such other duties and training as may be required by or on behalf of Academies Enterprise Trust provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
For an informal discussion or for an application form, please contact Phil Southern, Goodman Masson by telephone on 020 7019 8866 or email email@example.com.