Key job description:
The Group Finance Manager will be an integral part of the finance and accounting team reporting to the Group Financial Controller. The Group Finance Manager will be responsible for the preparation of the monthly Group consolidation and Group internal and external financial reporting, as well as the management of budget for the UK head office entities (2 direct reports (1 indirect), 40+ staff) and will be the Group's technical accounting expert.
The role also analyses the Group's financial information needs by reviewing existing systems and working out the best way to meet those needs through the design of new systems and providing support to key decision makers and be the interface between the business and technology/systems.
The role responsibilities will include:
- Management of monthly financial reporting and analysis for the Group, with oversight over the UK entities.
- Management and preparation of monthly Group consolidation and Group management accounts and commentary and analysis for presentation to the Board
- Management of the external audit process and preparation of Annual and Interim Reports, included liaison with all stakeholders.
- Technical accounting - complex transactions, provide guidance to local teams, write technical papers; deal with auditors etc.
- Write technical accounting papers on acquisitions, new accounting standards, changes in accounting policies and provide IFRS guidance to local teams on technical accounting issues.
- Statutory accounts for the UK entities prepared and filed well ahead of statutory accounts deadlines. Working effectively with the Tax Manager and external auditors.
- Contribute to building robust internal control environment, particularly over UK inventory holdings
- Contribute to maintaining and improving on Navision capabilities and other specific system projects
- Review of results presentations and factsheets, including liaison with the external advisors
- Review of the quarterly market announcements
- Ad-hoc project work and reporting requests.
- Responsible for the management of the annual budgets and forecasts for the UK entities
- Production of monthly rolling cashflow forecast for UK entities
- Implement cost centre reporting for the UK entity and business partnering with the heads of department
- Work with the IT department, finance teams and third parties on financial system (Navision) and other specific projects.
- Qualified accountant (ACA from a recognised firm)
- At least 3 years post qualifying experience
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Good knowledge of budgeting and forecasting issues and techniques
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and experience of managing a team
- Team player capable of working effectively and productively with other managers across a diverse cultural environment
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills