Managing the Group Finance Reporting team in providing monthly and year-end financial consolidated results and reporting. To prepare technical papers, maintaining of Group Accounting policies and procedures
- Responsible for managing the outsourced finance teams in UK , France and Jersey with a view to assist the transition to a in-house standalone Finance function
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly consolidated reporting, management accounts and ensuring adherence with current Company guidelines and accounting policies as well as recommended accounting practice
- Responsible for the consolidation and accuracy of the Group's results and financial position in line with IFRS and stock market reporting requirements. with IFRS and stock market reporting requirements.
- Preparation of the Group's Half Yearly and annual external reporting obligations - Annual Financial Statements, Interim Financial Reporting & Interim Management Statements.
- Overall supervision of the annual Group and other subsidiary entity accounts incorporated in the EMEA region and in the UK
- Manage and supervise daily duties of UK Finance team
- Support and enforce with the CFO initially then Group FC, financial control oversight, dealing with accounting issues and ultimate integrity of the numbers
- Preparation of the monthly Group consolidation for review by the CFO. Support the Planning Manager in the preparation of monthly commentary and variance analysis for the MI report including responding to ad hoc management queries.
- Assist the CFO in establishing, maintaining and enforcing the Group accounting policies
- Ensure Group accounting policies and IFRS policies are consistently applied
- Establish and manage the month end, quarterly and year end close timetables and reporting requirements.
- Daily oversight, review and coaching of UK Finance team ensuring their duties are performed timely and accurately
- Assist Group FC with responsibility for Balance Sheet integrity across the Group and for establishing the policies and procedures to ensure proper account reconciliation, valuation and verification on a monthly or quarterly basis, as appropriate including reviews of asset impairment, potential provisions, asset decommissioning
- Design, maintenance and review of subsidiary reporting submissions, challenging and correcting where appropriate.
- Primary responsibility for preparing Group Annual Financial Statements, Interim Financial Report, other external financial reports
- Ensure all Group & UK and other EMEA statutory entity financials are properly completed, signed off for approval and are properly filed with the relevant authorities.
- Responsibility for liaising with the Group's auditors to ensure the annual and interim audit is performed to meet the Group's reporting requirements, including the following:
- Establish and manage timetables
- Pro-active, conscientious qualified accountant ACA/ACCA with up to 5 years PQE, with strong, up to date, accounting and financial technical skills
- IFRS 102, 9 and 16
- Experience working in a group accounting/financial reporting role