This is a great new opportunity at a cutting edge technology and manufacturing business with a FTSE 100 parent company.
They are involved in high end technology to go into consumer products as well as with market leading industrial equipment. This is an incredibly exciting role for someone looking to move from practice and embark on a career in a FTSE 100 group.
- Group Finance is responsible for the consolidated financial and performance reporting to management and to our shareholders.
- We prepare annual consolidated accounts under IFRS for bank covenant reporting.
- The team provides oversight of the implementation of internal financial controls, maintains the Group's accounting policies and ensures consistent adoption across the Group.
- This work includes understanding fundamental accounting principles and applying them to ad-hoc situations.
- As a key contact for site finance teams you will assist them to deliver punctual monthly and annual reporting by providing accounting and reporting advice.
- You will have regular interaction with the Parent Finance team to assist with their analysis and reporting.
- It is expected that in time there would be opportunities to move within the wider Groups depending on the successful candidate's interests and available vacancies.
Duties and tasks:
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated results including uploading of global site submissions and posting of consolidation journals.
- Submission of monthly results to shareholders within prescribed timeframes and answering associated queries.
- Responsible for preparation of annual consolidated, non-statutory IFRS financial statements.
- Preparation of management position papers for key accounting judgements in advance of year end.
- Key contact for the external auditors.
- Support the submission of the budgets and forecasts.
- Contribute to improvement and development of Group finance processes and systems
- Comply with department and company procedures including Health & Safety.
- ACA or ACCA recently qualified
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience in consolidation accounting is essential
- Effective communicator across geographies and levels, both within finance and with the wider business
- Flexible and organised to meet the needs and demands of various stakeholders