- Support the delivery of interim and year end reports for a large healthcare company.
- Preparation of disclosures for interim statements and annual report.
- Responsible for disclosures, technical aspects and production of statutory accounts for subsidiary companies in accordance with IFRS. Includes preparation of statutory accounts.
- Support impairment testing of goodwill and other assets.
- Preparation and review of accounting treatment of non-recurring transactions.
- Key point of contact for technical IFRS accounting issues.
- Value-added tax (VAT)
- Prepare the quarterly VAT return.
- Liaise with stakeholders (e.g. FACMs) over VAT queries when performing quarterly submission and assist with general enquiries.
- Post all necessary VAT journals including VAT reclaim on TTO drugs.
- Adopt a collaborative approach to issue resolution both within Finance and with other internal or external stakeholders.
- Develop a strong working relationship with external auditors to achieve an efficient and effective audit process.
- Preparation of ONS and other regulatory returns
- A qualified accountant (industy PQE not essential).
- Detailed knowledge of current accounting standards.
- Experience in the consolidation of accounts - IFRS experience advantage.
- Experience of using or developing consolidation packages an advantage.
- Experience in group accounting in at least one other role, either within a listed company or a Manager moving out of practice.