A global real estate business is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA qualified candidate to join its finance function.
The Group Financial Controller is a senior member of the finance team and will be responsible for managing the Group Finance team and the consolidated results of the Group.
The Group is undertaking a significant Business Transformation project, which involves implementing a single accounting and property system, insourcing the accounting from third party bookkeepers and implementing standardised procedures and controls.
Supporting the Director of Group Finance, you will assume direct responsibility for the daily management of Group Finance, improving the internal control framework, whilst supporting the development of new financial strategies. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop the Group Finance team of nine people.
- Take ownership of the consolidation and group reporting, IFRS financial statements and internal and external Quarterly reporting requirements by meeting all deadlines and providing accurate financial information.
- Become a key member of the Business Transformation team with a focus on improving controls and financial processes. This will involve insourcing third party bookkeepers, appraising current procedures and the internal control framework across the portfolio and improve them to facilitate more accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Steer finance systems developments to ensure that the Group operates with financial systems appropriate for a large multinational Group.
- Overall responsibility for all technical IFRS accounting papers
- Business partner with the Portfolio Management and FP&A teams and report into stakeholders directly to deliver relevant financial information.
- Member of the finance leadership team
- Managing, coordinating and reviewing work of the outsourced third parties responsible for financial reporting and asset management.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure timely review of financial information and completion of audits.
- Ensure all financial compliance activities and regulatory filings are accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with strong team management experience and good senior stakeholder management.