Goodman Masson have partnered with a FTSE 100 Energy business in the search for a Group Financial Reporting Manager in London.
The role has come about owing to an internal promotion and our client continue to expand their operations. They are a market leader who are focused on the development of renewable energy as well as sustainability.
They have an extremely high calibre team in place already and this role is primarily responsible for the processes and timings behind the Group's half year results statement and the full year financial statements as included in the Annual Report and Accounts.
The role will provide analysis and input to develop standards and policies for the sub-functional area and/or act as business partners for internal customers on Group reporting and related matters.
This is a great opportunity to join a FTSE 100 business in Central London and would be ideal for somebody who has trained in the Big 4 and has industry experience in a Financial Reporting role.
Our client has a commitment to career development and nurturing their employees as well as a focus on employee welfare.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with in partnership with the Senior Financial Reporting Manager responsible for the Annual Reort, to coordinate the year end and half year reporting process for the Group, including timetable preparation, preparation of group reporting instructions for subsidiary finance teams, and day to- day management of the reporting process, with a view to continual process enhancement, evolution and improvement in line with best practice.
- Production of primary statements and disclosure notes in the half year release and annual report. Coordinating and delivering the work required to established and accurate standards.
- Providing assistance with the production of annual audited subsidiary statutory accounts.
- Responsible for monthly consolidation postings, balance sheet and cashflow statement preparation and review.
- Responsible for liaising with auditors on deliverables and issues arising during the statutory reporting process, along with internal auditors and SOX controls teams.
- Providing technical guidance to UK and US finance teams on the application of IFRS and UK GAAP standards. Working with Senior Technical Accounting colleagues to review new standards and communicate their application to the Group.
- Assist in the documentation of processes for Sarbanes-Oxley s.404 control requirements, including operating and reviewing key controls.
- The role may also require the individual to contribute to the preparation of technical accounting papers for submission to the Company's statutory auditors, and to prepare contributions for papers submitted to the Group Audit Committee and Group Board.
The successful applicant will be a Qualified ACA (chartered accountant), with experience of group organisations listed in the UK and also USA, ideally from a group reporting function or from a role as an external auditor (Audit Manager level) with one of the Big 4.
Current up-to-date knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, experience of leading teams, external audit processes, change management and technical documentation to support accounting judgements are all a prerequisite.
In what has been a tough year this is a really exciting opportunity so please do apply for more information.