My client are a global Oil Services business who are looking for a newly qualified accountant to join their Group Reporting Team in an analyst position.
The key purpose of this role is to support the consolidation, analysis and preparation of the information that will form part of their consolidated US GAAP and IFRS External Group Reporting.
This role will give you the opportunity to experience working in a fast paced environment allowing you to not only deliver your day to day role but also to get involved in other ad-hoc projects.
The Group Reporting Analyst will work closely and maintain ongoing communication and support with the SSC and Regional Finance teams in addition to other Corporate teams (FP&A, Compliance, Tax, Treasury, Investor Relations).
The ideal candidate will be a recently qualified auditor (ACA ideally) coming from an audit background in practice. Experience with large multinational group consolidations, gained from blue chip audits, is essential.
Experience of US GAAP and/or IFRS and a good understanding of financial and accounting practices and procedures are also essential, as the ability to build relationships with varying levels of stakeholders.
The following skills would be advantageous
- Basic understanding of SOx compliance.
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas or asset intensive industries.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and HFM.
The main components of the role are:
- Assist in the consolidation, reconciliation and preparation of the monthly income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Preparation of consolidation journals.
- Perform analytical review and prepare commentary on monthly main statements.
- Analyse and reconcile financial statement line items, discussing key issues with the SSC.
- Preparation of main statements and disclosures for Quarterly and Annual External Reporting.
- Preparation of quarterly commentary for internal and external Quarterly Reporting.
- Assisting with the external audit.
- Actively working with other departments to resolve Group related accounting queries.
- Involvement in US GAAP and IFRS technical issues and advice.
- Project involvement to improve the close process, including refinement of systems (HFM).