A FTSE leading travel and leisure business is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA qualified candidate to join its finance function.
You will advise on complex accounting issues and transactions, providing a resource for research and analysis ensuring a consistent approach across the Group and compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements. The role also involves the analysis of the accounting impact of new accounting standards on the Group financial statements. The Group Technical Accounting Manager leads projects on the implementation of new accounting policies by the Group, ensuring that the implementation is consistent, timely and in accordance with published accounting guidance.
Main duties include:
- Keep up to date with existing and new accounting and regulatory literature to ensure that the Group complies with all relevant accounting standards (IFRS) and regulation. Communicate potential changes to accounting policy and practice to all relevant stakeholders on a timely basis.
- For complex accounting transactions or business issues, provide research and analysis capability to ensure the impact on the Group financial statements is compliant with accounting standards and regulation and is fully understood by all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure accounting policies (including any proposed changes) are applied consistently throughout the Group.
- Work with operating companies to develop appropriate project plans and provide technical accounting support to ensure that any accounting policy changes are adopted consistently and within agreed timescales. For significant projects, take the lead to ensure that the related accounting change is adopted successfully.
- Prepare technical accounting documentation such as papers and presentations to ensure that the rationale for any accounting decisions is recorded in an understandable and clear manner, with appropriate references to technical accounting literature.
- Work with the Group financial reporting team on a quarterly and annual basis to ensure that periodic reporting is accurate, timely and complies with all relevant accounting standards and regulation.
- Review reporting packs from operating companies at each quarter end and provide feedback as necessary.
- Take responsibility for the preparation of complex notes and disclosure in the half year and full year results.
- Review the Group financial statements at the half year and year end and provide technical accounting input to the Group Financial Reporting Manager.
- Prepare material for communication of technical accounting issues to the CFO, Board and Audit and Compliance Committee.
- Provide information, support and liaise with external auditors
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with experience in group finance in a technical role. This is an opportunity to work for a global leader in a true accounting role which looks at the big issues in the group.