A household name within the leisure sector is currently recruiting for a dynamic, hands-on Treasury Manager to take ownership of their UK, US & EMEA function whilst managing an assistant.
This role will be a fantastic opportunity for anyone who enjoys a mix of operational and strategic work, and would like to be part of building and strengthening the department as the business scales. Open to both existing Treasury Managers and Treasury Analysts/Senior Treasury Analysts looking to step up too.
The business operate on a hybrid, 2 days in/3 days working from home basis.
- Prepare the daily group cash position including extracting balances/ transactions from the banking systems, generate daily FX rates and requesting the input on Group bank transfers for approval
- Review and improve efficiency of the Group’s global cash management to allow for prompt management of surplus funds. Fine tune treasury-related control mechanisms to ensure full compliance with internal policy and applicable government regulations (EU, UK, US).
- Collaboration with other areas of Finance and the wider business around the cash impact (forecasting and monitoring) of trading results and business initiatives
- Coordinate FX dealing and cash management across the global group
- Cash flow optimization and Cash Flow forecasting – Direct & Indirect
- Working closely with the Group FP&A Director and Group Director of Reporting
- Consolidation of the 13 Week Group Cash Forecast, including attendance in cash flow calls with each affiliate to drive more effective cash management.
- Preparation of the forecast commentary for management, senior lenders and shareholders’ review
- Indirect cash flow forecasting for Budgeting and Forecast processes
Bank Relationships Management
- Owning bank account rationalisation across the Group
- Primary contact for the various banks across the Group, globally (predominantly US and UK) – including card acquirer and gateway set ups and relationship on behalf of finance
- Loan administration including compliance certificates, rollover instructions, interest/fee payments, know your customer and other requests from lenders
- Implement key controls around banking maintenance
- Managing and negotiating the bank fees charges by major banks
- Senior Lender Agreement compliance – familiarise yourself with our SFA to better understand key controls required in BAU activities
- Manage letters of credit including any new LOC requirements
- Manage the admin function for banks and bank systems including bank account closures, system user setup and deletions (performed by Treasury Assistant)
- Manage bank mandates to ensure appropriate controls are up to date
- Lead contact for implementation of a new Treasury system in the future, implement interim controls in the absence of the system in the meantime
- Develop and maintain key treasury policies across the Group, including establishing a Treasury Committee to enable governance and decision making across all Treasury topics across the business, with monthly meeting points
The business will consider both existing Treasury Managers as well as ambitious Treasury Analysts looking to step up. To be a good fit for the role, you will have proven treasury experience within an international setting and have the right level of experience to both be able to take ownership of the role and lead and develop a treasury assistant, but also to bring to the role your own ideas and vision of building the department.
In the words of the Head of Finance, this person will be getting their hands dirty from day one, but the longer term goal they’ll be set is to get the function to a place where they no longer have to get their hands dirty – whether that be through adding further head count, automation or process improvement – and this hire will be given the freedom and scope to do this as they see fit.
A superb career opportunity for the right individual and a role that will in time grow into a Head of Treasury.
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship requirements.
If this role looks like a good fit, please apply via this advert or to be fast tracked, send your CV and a brief covering note directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.