A Head of Compliance position has arisen at a small overseas bank based in London.
Key duties include:
- Advising the Audit Committee and Senior Management of any likely implications of changes in regulations as they relate to the Bank's operations, internal policies and procedures
- Ensuring the Bank's compliance policies, systems, controls and procedures are updated in accordance with changes in legislation
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining an effective compliance escalation framework capable of supporting Audit committee requirements (and the Risk Committee if applicable)
- Reporting results of the compliance monitoring program and other compliance matters
- Ensuring adequate procedures in place as the data protection officer (including emerging regulations such as GDPR
Previous experience as SMF16 is desirable, however not essential. An ICA certificate is also highly advantageous.