A leading insurance firm is looking for someone to lead their conduct risk team reporting into the CRO and also the group global Head of Conduct Risk.
While there will be a need to work out of the London office this role will be able to provide great flexibility for those who potentially live further outside London.
Providing Senior Management with
- advice, guidance and challenge on regulatory compliance and conduct matters;
- regulatory related information Senior Management require to manage business and activities in compliance with regulations, within regulatory risk appetite and driving good customer outcomes
- Lead in overseeing the effective management of conduct and regulatory risk for all businesses.
- Develop and maintain a strategy for providing pro-active, accurate, timely and commercial advice, guidance and challenge on conduct and regulatory risk matters for agreed business units and legal entities, enabling relevant areas to operate in accordance with regulatory standards, industry best practice and applicable Group standards.
- Strong regulatory knowledge and experience of FCA rules and practical application.
- Strong awareness of Insurance firms' business model and strategy, in particular Retirement products/solutions as well as conduct issues related to the management of assets.
- Good awareness of the wider business and regulatory environment and ability to understand the potential impacts of market and regulatory change.
- Strong understanding of the principles of risk management, especially in relation to regulatory and customer focused risks.
- Awareness of wider risk profile associated with Retirement products, distribution and digital interactions with customers.
- Awareness of conduct and compliance environment across all relevant international territories.
- Wide experience of the management of conduct and regulatory risks, including the design and implementation of methodologies and practices.
- Wide experience interpreting and applying regulatory rules to practical scenarios and helping to devise compliant, commercially acceptable solutions.
- Experience of annuity products, lifetime mortgages, Investment Management and relevant regulatory rules, would be an advantage.
- Strong communicator, independent thinker with track record of working with senior stakeholders in large and complex organisations. Track record of effectively challenging and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Experience of leading and managing individuals and teams delivering complex and technical output.