This role is with a leading global investment manager who are looking to bring someone in to head up the corporate accounting for Europe and Asia.
You will be responsible for managing both a team in the UK and a team in Hong Kong so not only do you need a strong technical knowledge but also experience managing and leading teams.
This is a broad role where you will be responsible for a number of different aspects of finance.
- Management of accounting teams based in London and Hong Kong, including recruitment, assignment of work, review, feedback and appraisal;
- Oversight of year-end audit processes for all international entities and production of annual financial statements, including identifying applicable changes to accounting standards (UK GAAP/IFRS), designing processes to capture recognition requirements and drafting complex financial statement disclosures;
- Review of regulatory filings, partnership and corporate tax compliance schedules;
- Detailed review of key department deliverables to internal groups including quarterly management accounts packs, authoring performance narratives for board and committee audiences from non-financial backgrounds;
- Working with internal groups to establish dividend policies across international accounting, balancing legal, tax and regulatory considerations with local and global cash management requirements;
- Maintaining and further developing ICAAP models for 3 separate UK entities, each with differing commercial activities, corporate structures and risk profiles. Evaluating the continued relevance of existing risk scenarios in the context of changing commercial dynamics;
- Driving control environment structure and development, capable of achieving optimal use of global systems for diverse needs and local nuances across a range of jurisdictions;
- Leading ad-hoc projects, managing needs of multiple stakeholders to implement process change and achieve strategic vision in a constantly changing environment.
- Around 8-10 years relevant Post Qualified Experience within financial services sector;
- Prior managerial experience;
- Technically excellent with very strong financial control background;
- Extensive knowledge of UK GAAP/IFRS and accounting control policies;
- Strong Excel knowledge;
- Previous experience of Microsoft Navision an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills;
- Outstanding organisational skills with very strong attention to detail;
- Proactive individual with a proven ability to take initiative;
- Ability to demonstrate ownership and confidence to take decisions;
- Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism;
- Ability to successfully prioritise and manage competing tasks.