Head of Development
Rate: £500-600 a day (dependant on experience)
Location: West Midlands (plus travel to strategic sites)
- You will initially be reporting to the Director of Development in the delivery of high quality, design focused, mixed use and large scale development schemes.
- Work on all elements of the new and current schemes including land sale, contract negotiation, appraisals, planning, feasibility, delivery and handover.
- Manage contract negotiations with house builders and commercial occupiers.
- Overseeing projects from the design, planning and construction phases from inception to completion.
- Add value by coordinating design team meetings to secure outline and detailed planning consents.
- Manage external consultants to ensure they are delivering on programme and budget.
- Liaise, influence and negotiate with house builders and affordable housing delivery partners to ensure house building, sales and affordable housing delivery are on track.
- Ensure commercial land is marketed fully and that commercial deals are smooth and professional.
- Meet with potential commercial tenants covering retail, industrial, leisure and office sectors.
- Prepare development appraisals ensuring profitable residential and commercial schemes.
- Monitor progress and manage governance of projects by undertaking budgeting, financial forecasting and cash flow forecasting in coordination with the project finance team.
- Research into the house builder market predominantly at a regional level.
- Ensure that section 106 obligations are met on time and within budget
- Present a positive attitude when dealing with members of the public and other stakeholders.
- Acquisition or disposal of property / land
- Planning and development experience
- Significant post university relevant experience from a house builder, developer or agency environment
- Educated to degree level or above
- MRICS qualified or demonstrable experience
- Strong financial and business awareness