Join a national charity who have recently embarked upon their new strategic plan, in a pivotal role to the organisation - Head of Finance. This contract will cover their crucial year end and audit period and will require you to input into strategy. The year ahead also includes the implementation of a new CRM system and improvement of Business Intelligence; as such my client requires an experience senior interim to support them through this period of change.
Main responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the provision of user friendly management information to Trustees, senior managers and staff to allow managers to proactively manage their budgets
- Taking full management responsibility for the finance team, leading, motivating and developing them
- Preparing statutory accounts, corporation tax, VAT, Charity Commission and other statutory financial returns for the charity and its trading subsidiaries
- Managing the crucial year end and annual audit process
- Developing various business and financial planning processes in support of the charity's strategic needs, including leading the annual budgeting process and long-term financial modelling
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience at a senior level
- Be a strong team leader with prior experience leading and developing a team
- Have proven ability to communicate successfully with different stakeholders including the ability to influence and negotiate
- Be confident with a range of IT software including (preferably) SUN systems
- Have previously contributed to the strategic development of an organisation
The planned start date for this role is 5th August. You must be available to start by this date to be considered.