Head of Finance, SME FMCG Business, South East London. £65k -70k FTC or day rate of £350ltd.
The Head of Finance will be a key part of the Senior Management Team and a senior role within the company. Responsible for all aspects of financial control, management accounting, tax compliance, production of statutory & management accounts and commercial support to the business. Responsible for preparing detailed management information to include inter-linked P&L, BS and cashflow statements, both historic and projected.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Finance :
- Lead the finance team - currently 2 individuals and growing. Managing all people aspects of the Finance team on an individual basis ensuring effective CPD is in place. Adhere to the company performance management programme
- Management Accounts and KPIs - preparing management information (MI) using inter-linked P&L, BS and cashflow statements on a monthly basis. Generation of monthly management reports, board packs and shareholder reports
- Prepare Annual Statutory Accounts including Group consolidation
- Lead initiatives to improve financial management within the organisation - designing and implementing greater processes and controls, budgeting and forecasting
- Forecasts - developing cashflow management tool(s) including weekly and monthly cashflow planning
- Tax compliance - lead the tax workstream with associated statutory returns, including VAT, CT, R&D tax credits
- Payroll - oversee and deliver payroll and payroll reporting as needed. Review of pay and benefits offering for the company
- Stakeholder reporting - work with 3rd party debt providers
- Investment Appraisal - undertake project analysis to assess viability of capital investment in new and existing products
- Credit Control - oversee the international credit control function
- International - responsible for trade finance and working capital funding
- Controls and best practice - ensuring an effective financial control framework is in place in line with best practice.
- Lead relationship with Auditors and tax advisors on planning matters
- Ensuring accounting policies are in line with UK GAAP
- Strong MS Excel skills including Macros, pivot tables, vlookup and advanced Excel features
They are looking for someone from a consumer background with stock experience and Sage 200 experience.