This role is accountable for both the long term strategic direction of Financial Services, shorter term operational delivery and ensuring a compliant culture & delivery. While the focus will be Financial Services the incumbent will identify and create opportunities to exploit strategic and operational synergies across the Group.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, contribute to the strategic direction and planning , including monitoring and challenge against the vision, goals and risk appetite.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, provide strong visible leadership across the Group to support the delivery of the desired culture and the delivery of its vision for the future.
- Deliver business and financial planning, through annual and longer term capital and revenue planning processes that help drive this vision. Including the appropriate reporting and the provision of business information to the Group and regulatory bodies ensuring standards are consistently maintained.
- Lead the development and execution of processes and practices that ensure appropriate financial controls are in place to support and challenge business decisions and operations. This includes continually improving the modelling capability to assist in the scenario work that will be required for strategic and business planning purposes.
- Work alongside the senior leadership team to provide short and long term insight of business opportunities, risks and issues, support the drive for growth and at the same time provide balanced controls.
- Establish, develop, retain, and lead strong teams in order to deliver the desired outcome. This includes ensuring the team have clear; measurable objectives which are focused on the key drivers of business performance, initiative delivery, compliant with governing body standards and behaviour.
- Work with fellow finance peers to create and deliver a shared finance vision across the Group whereby we are passionate about the development, recognition and progression of our finance talent so that they are best able to deliver great performance wherever they are.
- Manage risks and mitigating controls within Finance and where necessary across the business in line with the risk management framework as a 1st line of defence, through implementation of the key components of the framework: risk profiling, loss event reporting, key risk indicators and control self-assessment.
- Ensure the finance maintain a clear awareness of new developments within the product areas, retail division and external market at large to ensure timely consideration of emerging issues.
You will need to have finance services experience within a retail, specifically store cards or credit cards that are held by a retailer.