TITLE – HEAD OF FINANCE
6 MONTH CONTRACT – POTENTIAL FOR PERMANENT
INDUSTRY – HOUSING
SALARY – £70-85K
LOCATION – LETCHWORTH – HYBRID WORKING
We are looking for an interim Head of Finance to oversee and lead financial services, ensuring that the business has the financial capacity to deliver upon its strategic objectives. The finance function is pro-active, and customer focussed. This role will partner and work in collaboration with the Head of Financial Operations & Treasury as well as colleagues from across the business; embedding strong financial management throughout the business Reporting to: executive director of finance and resources. This role will be working with a leading Housing Services company
You will do/be:
- – co-own the Finance Annual Delivery Plan that maps out our programme of work to deliver our annual objectives.
- responsible for the financial reporting of all entities within the group, ensuring that there is sound financial, tax and regulatory compliance.
- be responsible for budget setting and forecasting that helps provide high quality insight and analysis to internal customers
- responsible for ensuring the business adheres to the Regulator for Social Housing (RSH) Rent Standard and Value for Money Standard
- Lead a Business Partnering function that produces high quality reporting, insight and analysis to key customers across the business
- be responsible for the implementation of several key strategies; including the business’ Financial regulations and Procurement Strategy
- oversee the accurate and timely accounting for and setting of rents and estimated and actual service charges to customers,
- Build excellent relationships with external stakeholders including, internal audit, external audit and tax advisors.
- Lead on the professionalisation of the service
- inspiring and supporting colleagues to become qualified accountants.
- deputise for the Executive Director of Finance & Resources at internal and external meetings and events – Prepare reports for and present to board and other committee meetings -Seeks new approaches and ways of working – directly line manage at least 3 colleagues
- Experience working in a medium-large size housing company
- Fully qualified ACCA,CIMA, ACA, CCAB
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.