I'm currently recruiting for a Head of Finance to join a FTSE business.
The purpose of the Change and Control team is to support the organisation in developing and maintaining a strong financial control environment by completing the plans included in the framework and by regularly reviewing the framework to check it remains relevant.
Maintain the control framework and deliver the associated plans.
- Lead the completion of core process reviews identifying significant financial risks and associated control activities including:
- Indirect and direct taxes
- Contingent Liabilities
- Period End Close for weekly, quarterly and half-yearly activities
- Refresh of Inventory and Purchase to Pay
- Support Finance Systems and Technology control owners to:
- Identify relevant systems and interfaces
- Document and test general IT and specific Finance system and interface controls
- Build a systems simplification and improvement plan as part of the Technology transformation
- Support the organisation to develop:
- A financial policy suite
- Formal delegations of authority
- Finance change management principles
- Co-ordinate other assurance providers including Internal and External Audit to map sources of assurance against control activities, eliminating any unnecessary double counting
- Subsequently, lead the planning and delivery of the controls testing assigned to the Change and Control team
- Monitor and drive the completion of any remediation arising from the process reviews and subsequent testing
- Develop and deliver relevant training for control owners and operators
They are looking for ACA qualified candidates, with at least 10 years PQE with extensive experience in risk, control and assurance (gained either through an external or internal audit background).