Goodman Masson are pleased to have partnered with a well-established Housing Association for the recruitment of their new Head of Financial Control.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful and historic housing association based in Central London. As the Head of Financial Control, you will ensure the financial stability of the association through effective controls, adherence with relevant compliance and regulation, and smooth running of day-today financial operations.
The Head of Financial Control will lead, develop and motivate a team of finance professionals at various stages of their career and be a figurehead for financial excellence.
As the Head of Financial Control, you will;
- Previous experience working within a Housing Association or Local Authority is essential for my client
- Ensure technical strength and rigour throughout the team and lead the month-end and year-end close processes, including rents and service charges, fixed assets, work in progress and general accounting processes
- Build, maintain and document a strong and operationally suitable set of financial controls and instil a culture of compliance and control within the finance team
- Ensure all regulatory compliance requirements are met, including tax returns, Regulator of Social Housing filings and asset and liability registers.
- Lead the external audit for the Group, and as necessary internal audit, with a focus on quality, assurance, and maintaining external relationships.
- Be a Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) and showcase strong technical capabilities
This is an excellent opportunity to join a prestigious organisation that holds a strong social purpose in an exciting time of development and change.