A world renowned International Development charity based in the city, are looking to recruit a Head of Financial planning and Analysis as soon as possible. This is a chance to work with an organisation that helps people across the world, who are affected by war, conflict, or natural disasters. You will need to be experienced in financial planning and enjoy working with lots of stakeholders. This role would suit someone currently in a Business Partner/FP&A role looking for a step up.
As a key business partner, the purpose of the role is to work with the team in Europe and the European SMT in achieving excellence in financial management by providing accurate and timely financial reports on financial performance, along with expert financial analytical support for investments, strategic developments and projects that deliver on strategy.
It is a new role that will focus on providing financial analysis support at a pan-European level, working closely with country finance staff to develop more effective oversight of the budgets, forecasts and actuals for Europe throughout the year. You will also pursue continuous improvement in the reports, tools and processes used to monitor budgets and support management decision-making before and after the implementation of a new ERP across the region in late 2019.
Requirements in order to be considered:
- Qualified accountant
- Financial planning and analysis experience; proven knowledge in complex financial analysis and budget expertise
- Ability to create insight from data and analyses, with good data presentation skills and a commercial mind set
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills: the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment;
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment and the ability to apply creative problem-solving skills;
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment & independently and ability to meet unexpected demands;
- Advanced computer skills: MS Office with expertise in Excel. Experience with cloud-based planning tools, PowerBI and large complex ERP systems is desirable.