A global healthcare business is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified candidate to leads its financial reporting and control team.
You will have full responsibility for ensuring that all Global Business Unit's financial reporting deadlines are met in compliance to IFRS and that strong financial controls are in operation, effective and actively monitored and building a high performing finance function.
- Lead, manage and inspire functional reports; this includes managing and coaching a team of senior direct reports.
- Deliver accurate, timely and high quality financial reporting on both a management and statutory basis to the International Markets Financial Reporting team in line with stated requirements.
- Ensure that all regulatory reporting to UK and local regulators in region is completed on-time and accurate.
- Comply with and take into account any requirements from the UK regulators and/or any applicable local regulatory requirements. Able to demonstrate compliance with applicable laws and statutory accounting regulations.
- Undertake monthly Balance Sheet review sessions and sign-off on the Balance Sheet reconciliations and controls for all entities within BGBU
- Streamline existing processes and work with IM to optimise the operating model for Financial Reporting and Control; including systems and processes
- Ensuring a robust financial control framework is in operation across the BU with regular monitoring undertaken.
- Lead the successful and timely completion of all external financial audits across the BGBU.
- Be the key finance point of contact for reviewing and responding to financial issues identified through internal audits. Provide Finance sign off to internal audit reports where required.
- Maintain adequate documentation to support compliance to the Financial Control policy.
- Deliver monthly control dashboard reporting to IM.
- Maintain appropriate documentation to evidence the risk assessment of the balance sheet and profit and loss completion of action plans to close control gaps where misstatements or other indications of control weaknesses have been identified.
- Clear any finance related audit issues, identified through both internal and external audits, in accordance with agreed timelines.
- Manage the finance risk registers across the BGBU and ensure accurate attestation is provided against these and Group risk/accounting policies where required. Address all actions within agreed timeframes.
- Manage debt within agreed credit control procedures/risk appetite, ensuring all significant debt issues are dealt with on a timely basis and escalated as appropriate
- Develop the teams across the finance functions reporting into this role to create a clear succession planning and talent for the future
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the business unit GM/FD and IM Director of Financial Reporting and Control
You will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with relevant transferable skills gained from working within large multinational or complex organisations. Experience working within the financial services regulated industry landscape is seen as essential for performance in this role.
The business is a global leader and this role is pivotal in its continued success.