A leading housing association currently requires a Head of Governance to join them on an initial 3 month contract. This is to cover the recruitment process for a permanent position for which you will also be considered for. Based in Hertfordshire but you can work on a fully remote basis with the expectation to be in the office once a month.
You will also:
* Maintain the board member handbook, ensuring policies are regularly reviewed in line with best practice.
* Ensure that board members have suitable service agreements in place.
* Support the Board in succession planning, recruitment, induction, training, and performance appraisal.
* Maintain the relevant registers such as fraud and money laundering registers, the risk assurance framework, assessments and reports to Audit Committee and Regulator, as required.
* To be appointed as Company Secretary.
* Manage, co-ordinate and administer the group’s board, committee and shareholder meetings efficiently, accurately and on timely basis.
* Ensure a high-quality environment is in place for board and committee members to access relevant information to fulfil their responsibilities.
* Support the organisations GDPR data controller by being responsible for monitoring an organisation’s compliance, informing and advising on its data protection obligations, and acting as a contact point for data subjects and the relevant supervisory authority – the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) in the UK.
* Support the development of settle Group’s Governance Strategy and supporting activities that meets the requirements of the regulator and other statutory obligations.
* Manage the Risk and Assurance Framework.
* Deliver continuous improvement of the performance of Governance activities by developing and implementing clear actions, policies and processes.
* Continually scan the operating environment and horizon to ensure that the Board and Executive team are cognisant of relevant issues in relation to governance, risk and compliance activities.
* Develop and maintain an appropriate performance management and assurance framework.
* Work with the Executive Team and senior managers to identify and effectively manage risk so that a clear risk assurance framework is in place across the business.
You will have the following experience…
* As a leader, you will be expected to be collaborative, empowering and engage colleagues. This will require visibility, determination as well as an open and honest approach in all that you do
* Draft policies and procedures for effective compliance.
* To support the designated person(s) in respect of regulatory and compliance obligations such as GDPR data controller, and Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
* Provide clear leadership and direction to all staff within the Governance function.
* Directly line manage all posts within the Governance function including holding one to one meetings and conducting performance reviews with direct reports.
* Maintain Standing Orders and advise staff on compliance.
* Help to embed a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and excellence.
* Provide performance information and KPIs where required on governance and risk for the Board and Executive’s review.
* In conjunction with the Executive Team, produce a three-year rolling risk based programme of internal audits and reports for approval by the Audit Committee.
* Maintain the Internal Audit Outstanding Recommendations Tracker
* £70k pro-rata
* 27 days paid holiday
* Stakeholder pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Health Care Cash Plan
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.