PART TIME - 3 DAYS PER WEEK
Head of Internal Audit
£80,000-90,000 per year + benefits + package
Global Communications Business
A global organisation spanning digital, marketing, consumer, technology and research is searching for a Head of Internal Audit to join them on a part time basis, with a view to take the role full time.
This role will suit anyone who is coming back from a career break, maternity leave, travelling etc. and wants to ease themselves back into a challenging role whilst retaining control over work patterns.
With the authority of the Audit Committee. we are searching for someone who is objective, dynamic and able to prioritise to strategically drive the improvements in the Risk Management processes, monitor the effectiveness of Internal Controls and to manage the Internal Audit Team.
An exciting business that is growing year on year, acquiring new businesses and on target to become the world's most respected communications group.
- Reviewing and improving current control processes across the Group
- Setting the internal audit strategy with the Audit Committee based on the risk assessment and the risk appetite of the Group
- Responsibility for the implementation and execution of the internal audit plan, and management of the internal auditors
- Responsibility for review of the internal audit team's testing of the design and operation of controls across the Group, resolution of any findings with agency management and reporting the outcome of this testing to the Audit Committee
- Ability to complete some "hands on" audit work where required, and occasional ad-hoc assignments within the finance function
- Identify and evaluate areas of improvement in current Group wide and agency policy, procedures and controls, and work with agency management to implement improvements in key controls and best practice
- Review and monitor compliance across the Group with latest applicable regulations (such as Criminal Finances Act, the Bribery Act etc) and Corporate Governance requirements for a UK AIM listed Group
- For new acquisitions, oversee the onboarding process by working with the acquisition to align their current processes and controls to those required for the Group
- ACA qualified
- Must have 8+ years of external or internal audit experience
- Ability to use own initiative and work pro-actively
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to influence decision making within the Executive team and agency management
- Ability to be objective, independent and command respect from our agencies while working collaboratively to help them improve their control processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to see both the big picture and to exercise commercial judgement
- Good time management skills and ability to be flexible
They can offer:
- A vibrant and dynamic working environment
- Career progression and a defined long-term plan
- Full support from the business and a team that get on board
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- To work together with an exciting business that is setting the pace in their industry and growing year on year
- Flexibility and friendly culture
Apply today to be considered for this exciting opportunity!