To lead the regional Land and New Business staff team (Counties). Be responsible for sourcing and securing diverse new development opportunities to meet Optivo's Development Strategy and investment aspirations. Promote the department and our work.
- To lead and manage the regional Land and New Business team. Also support and deputise as necessary for the Land and New Business Director
- To lead on securing a programme of sites for development by Optivo for a range of affordable and/or market tenures
- To build and maintain relationships and partnerships to ensure we are a partner of choice for Local Authorities, landowners, Government agencies and developers
- Secure property development to meet Optivo's aspirations in a number of ways based on the current Development Strategy: Section 106 affordable housing schemes, JVs/Partnerships with developers and landowners, Buying land for medium (3 years) or long term (5 years) development , Contributing to public land bids , Turn key transactions , Options and Land Promotion agreements
- 5 To implement innovation within the planning process, general design of homes and their internal spaces to improve usability of homes as well as maximise profit on market homes
- 6 To lead on implementing compliant bid submissions for grant from the GLA and HE
- 7 To work closely with internal colleagues to ensure the schemes are the right ones for the organisation and offer an excellent high level client service to Sales, Operations, Commercial, Home Ownership etc. as required
- 8 Review and maintain the suitability of departmental documentation and systems. i.e. Procedures, Risk Register, BCP, management and reporting tools, audit etc. Job Description 2 | P a g e Date: February 2019
- 9 Deliver, and maintain the suitability of, the Joint Venture and Land Strategies and associated action/delivery plans
- 10 As one of three Head roles you'll play an active part in regular Team Meetings, Senior Management Team and 'Heads discussions'
- 11 Embrace the Optivo Culture and training programmes and be seen as a role model
- 12 Positively promote Optivo, act as an ambassador and stay abreast of relevant changing regulation or policy. As a People Manager my principal accountabilities will include:
- Inspire, lead and be a role model, consistently demonstrating the Optivo culture and values
- Manage, motivate, support, and develop the team, leading by example to ensure excellent services are provided in line with organisational policies.
- Manage your team / department spend within agreed budgets and deliver value for money at all times
- Champion resident focus and ensure your team and others put residents at the heart of all they do.
Relationships: There are a number of key networks and relationships the jobholder will need to maintain or develop. This list is not exhaustive.
- Landowners and agents
- Local Authority Planners
- Local Authorities and County Councils
- Homes England and the Greater London Authority
- Internal Colleagues
- Developers and House builders.
Person specification: Knowledge, skills and abilities: 1 Knowledge
- A degree or equivalent senior 'on the job' demonstrable experience.
- A professional qualification in a related field. i.e. MRICS , MCIOB, MRTPI or equivalent
- A strong contact book of existing and relevant contacts. Both in land and with Developers and Housebuilders
- Demonstrable experience of S106 agreements, Joint Venture models, planning process and land buying. And current knowledge of construction and land costs in London and the South East of England (West Midlands is desirable not essential)
- A proven track record of accepting responsibility and accountability for significant management decisions
- Good financial and numerical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A 'can do' attitude.
- Strong organisational skills
- Demonstrable experience of effectively managing, motivating and inspiring staff and multi-disciplined project teams, focusing them on successful outcomes
- A proven ability to understand and interpret financial information to inform decisions minimizing risk and lead to the delivery of efficient, value for money services
- The ability to present complex information to a range of audiences whether they are technically minded or otherwise
- Understand the planning process in order to maximise our chances of success and profitability on differing schemes
For more information please get in contact with Henry Ivall at Goodman Masson on 02070198802 - Henry.firstname.lastname@example.org