Head of People required for an exciting financial services start-up based in London.
We are searching for a resourceful and enthusiastic Head of People, who will amongst other things, take charge of policies and processes, the way they hire, train, performance coach, deliver reviews, give feedback, set remuneration and provide benefits.
What you will do:
● Work closely with the founders and executive committee (XCo) to define the people strategy and employee proposition, in line with the company's vision incorporating their growth ambitions and regulatory commitments.
● Grow, inspire and lead a high-performing, cross-functional people team at both a strategic and operational level incorporating recruitment, capability development, leadership development, people support and HR.
● Create and champion the organisation's culture and values, through activities and initiatives to ensure it is represented as our employer brand but also internally to ensure these are applied in everyday decisions with an emphasis on equality, diversity and inclusion.
● Create, monitor and curate the remuneration and benefits policy for the growing startup.
● Act as a coach for other leaders around the business in regards to people and employee relations.
● Safeguard and ensure people policies, processes and practices are designed and operate in best interest of the employees to while maintaining effective risk management.
● Work closely with the CTO, CCO and CPO to design an organisation that is able to balance its strategic initiatives and investments while allowing for growth of the product teams, including establishing talent communities and provide each individual a range of development opportunities.
You'll have an advantage if you:
● Care most about people, how they think and feel
● Are interested in how technology can improve people's lives
● Have been an influential part of a fast-paced tech company that's grown rapidly
● Are interested in people development, coaching and mentoring high performance teams, with a strong focus on inclusivity and diversity
● Have excellent working knowledge of employment law and practices
● Have demonstrable experience of overseeing the development and implementation of strategic plans and organisational change processes.
What this role will offer you:
● High degree of autonomy
● Room to grow and excel within a disruptive start-up
● An environment that adopts industry-leading development practices
● An awesome team to be part of - they have a team of warm, friendly and highly talented people!
● A friendly and multicultural environment with regular team events, drinks and ad-hoc social events to break the routine
● A modern, bustling office in the heart of Shoreditch alongside other start-up companies.
● And of course, an endless cornucopia (cupboard) of snacks!
This is a great role for someone who has worked in startup's before who is used to a changing and dynamic environment where priorities and direction can change.
Previous experience developing an employer brand is a must as you will be asked to design this from scratch and deliver a market-leading campaign internally and externally to prospective employees.
This role requires the post-holder have a good insight into what the next generation of job seekers are looking for in the modern workplace and how to engage with this community effectively.