A global pharmaceuticals group is looking to hire a Head of Quality to manage all quality operations on their large development and manufacturing site in South East England. The position is a broad and all-encompassing site leadership position supporting site overhaul with an excellent remuneration package.
The Head of Quality will manage all commercial manufacturing and development quality operations for the site and will manage a multifunctional direct and indirect reporting matrix to achieve business goals and drive quality improvements. A key focus of the position will be to partner closely with the other Senior Directors to ensure a cohesive quality led approach. The role reports into the corporate head office in Europe.
The company are looking to hire an individual with experience of leading a large quality department or full site quality operations. You will be able to evidence experience in improving operational performance and inspiring a positive quality culture. You must have experience within pharmaceutical manufacturing.
As Head of Quality you would be responsible for:
- Site quality lead for quality operations for both clinical and commercial.
- Reporting into Executive Quality in corporate to ensure key metrics are met – quarterly board meetings, slide packs and communication at board level.
- Key focus to improve link between quality and other departments.
- Implementing and improving the quality processes for the site across a large team.
- Setting the strategy for and direction of the performance goals for quality.
- Management, development and growth of the activities of the quality operations team.
- Oversight of new product introduction.
If you have the following experience, you would be a great fit:
- Extensive experience within quality in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Management experience of leading GMP quality for manufacturing operations (this could be full site quality ownership or ownership of a large department)
- Ideally be an eligible Qualified Person with batch release experience or, if not, have experience of leading a team of QP’s as manager.
- Broad and detailed knowledge of UK, European and US regulations and quality control.
- Experience of large department of site-wide quality improvement projects.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to interact at board level globally.
The salary on offer for this position is upward of £125,000 with an excellent benefits package.
The Head of Quality is a key hire in line with the development of their UK operations. The intention is to begin interviewing in February and early March so please apply as soon as possible to be considered. You can also contact James Ivall at Goodman Masson should you have any questions or want to discuss the role in more detail prior to applying.
Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.