Head of SOC
About the role:
Goodman Masson are working exclusively with a highly respected, market leading Cyber Security Consultancy, looking for a Head of SOC to develop and build out their monitoring and investigations practice. You will be leading and supporting the monitoring, analysis detection, defence tool engineering and escalation in a 24x7 environment, creating a proactive, threat intelligence driven monitoring capability.
The successful candidate will also be mentoring the SOC team on all technical issues and ensuring that all standard operating procedures are met and followed, within the team.
- You will be providing supervision to direct reports, acting as a technical escalation point on the most complex of investigations.
- You will be tasked with the development and administration of SOC processes and review applications to make sure that SOC's technology, policies and procedures are operating effectively.
- You will be providing management oversight in identification, triaging and response to events/incidents.
- You will be tasked to be a part of the recruitment process and training of new staff within the SOC.
- Actively participating in events closely with clients, ensuring that they are happy with the service provided by the SOC.
Key skills & Requirements:
- Knowledge in building and maintaining a team of highly skilled analysts.
- Must have one of the followings; GCIH, CREST Certified Incident Manager.
- Must have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Forensics or Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- Experience in maintaining SLAs and metrics.
- 8+ years of information security experience.
- 2+ years in working within a SOC and technology leadership role.