Home Ownership Officer
Contract until March 2024
£18-£22 per hour
Roles and responsibilities
- Proactively manage a variety of RTB and home ownership functions within procedural & legislative deadlines.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of RTB / Collection / Service Charge legislation and communicate this clearly and precisely to others in writing, interview and telephone
- Consult with leaseholders (statutory & non-statutory consultation) & assist with applications for dispensation
- Build good working relationships with the local Tenant and Residents’ Associations. Attend out of hours meetings as required.
- Respond to correspondence and complaints, and provide drafts for member’s enquiries.
- Identify and record details of vulnerable residents, signpost residents for support as required.
- Ensure safeguarding concerns are acted on immediately and in compliance with the safeguarding procedure.
- Investigate complex cases, work collaboratively with other departments, partners and stakeholders to ensure multi agency responses to complex cases and carry out home / estate visits / inspections in a lone working capacity as required.
- Take legal action as necessary. Ensure all legal paperwork is completed to a high standard. Attend court hearings (including tribunal & mediation), representing the organisation positively at all times.
- Keep up to date with all relevant legislation and good practice issues relating to the role
- Thorough knowledge of right to Buy & Leasehold Legislation
- Experience of successfully managing challenging customers /service users
- An understanding of the current challenges faced by a social housing provider, within the context of the role applied for
- Experience of writing complex reports or witness statements
- Works productively in a high pressure environment
- Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Flexible to meet the needs of a cyclical workloads within the wider team
- Expresses opinions, information and arguments clearly.
- Ability to analyse and present management information to support effective decision making.
- Experience of consulting with service users
- Excellent IT skills
- Manages time effectively delivers a positive can do attitude at all times Values customers.
- Identifies and clarifies individual customer’s needs and expects the best outcome for the service user
- Consults, listens and shows empathy to others
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.