HR Administrator: Onboarding
Offering between £26,000-£28,000 per annum
About The Company
The founder and sponsor of the federation, opened their first school in 1990. They have, over the past thirty years, implemented ideas and initiatives that have transformed the opportunities of pupils from working class and disadvantaged backgrounds. They are widely recognised as a force for social mobility. They are immensely proud of the role that their alumni are now beginning to play in the world and of what they believe their current generation of pupils will go on to achieve. They now have over 50 schools educating more than 40,000 young people across London and Essex, and employ over 5,000 staff across their academies and head office. With the majority of their academies located in areas of high socioeconomic disadvantage, a high-quality education is key to the futures of the pupils they serve.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Administration of the onboarding process for Head Office appointments; reference requests, new starter forms, right to work check, qualification checks and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Initiate online medical checks and identify and disabilities which need escalating to the Head Office HR Office.
- Drafting employment contracts to ensure these are correct and consistent
- Completing new starter set up requirements; inputting employee details on the payroll portal, arranging IT and phone equipment, issuing building security passes etc.
- Showing positive qualities, mentality and behaviours to work as part of a team to support a responsive, compliant and highly regarded onboarding service
- Maintaining standards and data integrity across tools and systems and ensure candidate data is accurately recorded into HR systems.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for improvements early on and take ownership to work with your hiring managers and the HR team to deliver results.
- Compiling personnel files for Head Office employees
- Updating the Head Office Single Central Record (SCR) for all new starters
- Inputting of new starters onto the external payroll portal
- Submitting DBS invoice payments to the Finance team ensuring that prior approval is obtained
- Assisting with the maintenance of the probation monitoring process for Head Office
- Co-ordinating new starter termly induction sessions
- Providing administrative support to the Head of HR, HR Business Partners and HR Advisors.
- Providing cover and support to the HR Administrator as and when required.
Academy HR Support
- To be the first point of contact for onboarding queries, liaising with academies, internal and external providers and escalating as appropriate
- Support with projects, initiatives and helping to develop resources for training new HR staff in academies
- Support where required in evaluating job descriptions using the Greater London Provincial Council Job Evaluation Scheme – training to be provided.
- Providing administrative support to the wider HR function
- To complete Ad hoc tasks, as and when required
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to ‘A’ Level or above
- Experience in a busy administrative role
- Working towards a CIPD qualification, or similar
- Experience of working in a HR or recruitment department
- Experience of using an ATS/HRIS or data management systems
- A keen interest in HR and Employment Law
- Loyalty Bonus
- Performance Bonus
- Wellbeing Cash Plan
- Local Government Pension Scheme
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.