We are looking for a HR and Office Coordinator to join a company that mobilises private sector local currency investment for infrastructure projects and supports the development of financial markets in lower income countries across Africa and Asia. They are now looking for a candidate passionate about HR and keen to progress, to join their London office. This is a permanent role offering £24-28,000 depending on experience, and will be 3-4 days a week in the office.
The role will be based in London, reporting into the Head of HR. We are looking for a flexible candidate, who can handle a variety of operational HR tasks, working with the outsourced HR advisory and benefits provider. The candidate will also support the Operations Manager with travel administration as well as ensuring the smooth operation of the London office. The HR & Office Coordinator will have the responsibility of handling highly confidential information in an honest and trustworthy way. This work will involve liaising with staff across all of GMC’s locations, and a need for someone with a high sensitivity to cultural differences as well as a strong affinity with the mission and values.
- Perform administrative support for HR processes in-house,
- Liaising with the outsourced HR provider to ensure timely processing of HR requests (e.g. offer letters, contracts)
- Ensuring all internal records are kept up-to-date in a timely manner and that the HR system (Breathe HR) is updated and correct.
- Maintain timely reporting of sickness and holidays
- Updating and ensuring finalised job descriptions for every team member
- Checking right to work documents for all new joiners and employees
- Ensure all HR-related operations and processes are undertaken in a timely, efficient and accurate way.
- Support the organisation of the annual training programme, Academy, working with the Head of HR to implement a plan that supports the team in developing both technical and soft skills, and addresses the development requirements in individual
Personal Development Plans
- Liaise with external training providers to deliver the training, dealing with diaries and availability of the team taking into account different time zones
- Support recruitment, maintaining the recruitment inbox and applications and supporting the logistics of interviews directly with candidates and/or with recruitment agencies
- Ownership of the on-boarding and off-boarding processes to ensure a smooth process for new hires and leavers.
- Performance review support on CultureAmp – 360 reviews, self reflections and ensuring all employees are reflected correctly in the system in the correct hierarchy
- Help with HR metrics and devising them with finance, providing insightful analysis from the results.
- Help with the maintenance and organisation of surveys on CultureAmp
- Support in the admin of benefits where possible
- Ensuring travel information is maintained and stored correctly and circulated to the relevant people
- Assist the team with their travel – including data for mobile phones, visa help and business letters for visas
- Arrange any new equipment for new joiners and liaise with IT to set up the laptop to ensure a seamless service for new joiners
- Arrange for any leavers to return their equipment
- Assist the team if they have any problems with IT speaking with the IT provider and following up to ensure any issues have been resolved
General administration – London office
- Ensure stationary is adequately stored and ordered where necessary
- Book visitors into the office portal and meet and greet guests
- Any other tasks for the smooth running of the office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of, and a commitment to, equal opportunities and diversity
- Knowledge and interest of Human Resources; recruitment, on-boarding, learning and development, performance management
- Ability to use excel, word and PowerPoint
- Hybrid working (3-4 days from the office per week)