A bank based in Kensington, currently requires a HR and Payroll assistant to join them on a 12 month fixed term maternity cover contract. This is a great opportunity for candidates who are experienced in payroll to develop a HR skill set.
You will be responsible for...
- Administration for the employee's full employment cycle; recruitment, on boarding, leavers etc.
- Generate all employee HR correspondence, contracts, salary increase letters, references in a clear, accurate manner within appropriate timescales.
- Update the HR database and employee information, monitoring holidays and other absence and flagging any issues to the HR Manager / Line Managers.
- Oversea the certification process.
- Lead on being system supervisor for the HR database, training new users and resolving system issues as they occur.
- Provide MI reports monthly and on ad hoc requests.
- Maintain HR soft/hard copies of files for Hong Kong, Tehran and London employees.
- Respond to staff queries, where possible, on a same day response.
- Keeping Microsoft outlook up to date with key dates, i.e. annual DBS for all employees, sponsor licence, birthdays, probations, employee certification regime etc.
- Work in Partnership with the Administration Officer and payroll provider.
- Work alongside the HR team to support the appraisal process, salary reviews, bonuses etc.
- Working in partnership with the Administration Officer and having an oversight of their role so able to cover during all absence.
- Be proactive in researching HR topics and engaging in discussion and development of the HR support function and developing self.
- Track and regularly report on employee's visa statuses, and undertake research into visa requirements as needed.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and bring them to the attention of the HR team.
- Assist the HR team with projects.
For your application to qualify you will have the following...
- 1 - 2 years experience in payroll
- General HR experience is beneficial but not compulsory.
- Banking and financial services experience is also beneficial.
- Strong MS office.
- Advanced in spreadsheets, Excellent attention to details, communication and organisational skills.
Please apply now to find out more.