This international media company are looking for a capable accountant to manage and provide accounting advice for an existing project that went live in earlier this year and involves over 100 property leases, where there are around 5 leases that change each month.
You will also be the liaison with auditors in their review of their implementation and ongoing training of an internal resource to account for IFRS 16.
There would also be scope for other Group Finance work including but not limited to: acquisition and disposal accounting, finance integration, supporting continual improvement of the group finance function.
- Provide accounting guidance to all combined group shared services/divisions whilst new accounting is established
- Ownership of lease policy documentation
- Review month end lease accounts globally for correct reporting and amend where necessary
- Review, verify and reconcile output data in Pro-lease compared to excel model
- Provide update training if needed
- Assistance with budget and forecast processes
- 0-4 years PQE (CA or ACA)
- Excellent communication and project management skills, team player
- Strong technical accounting IFRS knowledge is essential
- Previous IFRS 16 experience is highly preferable