About the role:
A supportive, impactful charity are looking for an Income and Reconciliations Officer to join their Finance Team. This role involves Finance Assistant responsibilities, with a focus on Accounts Receivable processes and reconciliations. Along with the chance to prosper, this varied role also comes with up to £27,490k + excellent benefits, including study support. They are working on a hybrid model which involves 1-2 days a week in their Central London office.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Responsibility for some ledgers – ensuring income is recorded accurately and reconciled each month, with discrepancies followed up and corrections made in a timely manner
- Ensuring records are maintained, queries are handled, and information is gathered to support the production of annual statutory accounts and the audit
- Carrying out takes in line with deadlines, including posting income batches, running reports, responding to internal/external queries, and admin tasks around credit cards/banking
- Managing and reconciling petty cash, identifying issues and providing support with effectively following correct procedures around this
- Producing debtor reports and escalating issues when necessary
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar role within the Charity sector
- Proven experience with reconciliations (bank, balance, general ledgers), credit and debit, and managing a high volume of transactions, particularly within Receivables
- Advanced Excel skills, able to critically analyse data through using various formulas (Pivot tables, Vlookups etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to effectively handle a wide variety of queries and build rapport with both internal and external stakeholders
- A hard-working, committed attitude, be a real team player and have a passion for working in the charity sector!