Our client is a Multinational business operating in more than 50 countries with offices in central London.
They are an Energy & Commodity Group looking to hire an Indirect Tax professional to join their in house team.
You will work closely with the Indirect Tax senior manager to ensure the group is compliant with its global indirect tax obligations and assist in system development projects relating to indirect taxes supporting the trading business on an ad hoc basis.
- Provide advice to the trading business to ensure correct tax treatment is applied to all transactions
- Preparation and review of the Groups EU VAT returns
- Contribute to and support the implementation of new technology projects
- Reconcile VAT reports
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate filing of VAT/GST Returns, Intrastat and EU Sales Lists in the relevant countries
- Managing ad hoc issues and projects
- Experience in a commodities trading environment or Energy background
- Understanding of EU VAT rules relating to cross-border movement of goods
- 3 to 6 years of experience in Indirect tax