A truly excellent opportunity for an experienced Finance Director, from a banking background, to join a unique not for profit bank. With over 100 years of history of ethical banking the bank is wholly owned by its parent charity, a well-known international organisation, into which the bank donates its profits.
This small and prudentially well run bank does not intend to compete with mainstream banks but it can offer a viable alternative to those individuals who value a personal service, and want to bank with an ethical institution. As part of the 5-year strategic plan the bank will be undergoing a major transformation including a review of finance, IT and implementation of a CRM system.
Main responsibilities include:
- Leading the finance function to provide timely and accurate information including management accounts, business and product analysis, budgeting, forecasting and robust cost management
- Maintaining all Bank Treasury activity as a key contributor to the Bank's liquidity, performance and capital adequacy
- Leading on Board reporting and supporting the development of a rolling fiver year strategic and annual operating plan
- Ensuring that the Bank complies with its statutory and regulatory obligations including those under the Senior Manager's & Certification Regime (SM&CR)
- Reviewing the structure of the finance and treasury team, making recommendations on how to optimise structure and overall performance
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Be an experienced, hands-on finance leader with familiarity with a range of finance and accounting systems used within UK recognised banks
- Have practical knowledge of UK Financial Services Regulatory requirements and reporting
- Be experienced managing bank day to day liquidity requirements, including counterparty management
- Have been an SM&CR regime role holder
This role can be offered on a full, or part-time basis.