An inspiring organisation and a top-10 charity employer, Contact, is looking for an Interim Director of Resources to join them on a 3 days per week basis between now and July 2023. Contact improves the lives of all families with disabled children. With them, they transform their lives, break down barriers and tackle disadvantage through ambitious, collaborative and innovative work.
They are looking for someone to give strong leadership to their experienced resources team, overseeing Financial Management, HR, IT, Inclusion and Organisational Development. The role also offers the exciting opportunity to take responsibility for some key strategic projects that will support Contact deliver its ambitious strategy.
As Interim Director of Resources, your main responsibilities would be:
- Providing strategic resources advice and support to SMT and Board, including leading on medium term financial planning
- Working with the CEO, SMT and Board to develop and manage the organisation’s annual budgets and identify strategic developments in relation to the resources function
- Coordinating and taking responsibility for the production of the annual report and statutory accounts, tax returns and Charity Commission returns
- Ensuring that HR and organisational development projects proceed in line with values, SMT and Board direction
- Acting as Company Secretary and lead on promoting good governance arrangements
- Managing and coaching your direct reports (Head of Finance, Head of Inclusion & OD and Head of Resources)
The successful candidate in this role will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant with significant experience in a senior finance position within the charity sector
- Have experience managing wider resources functions in addition to finance – HR and IT are essential
- Be experienced working with outsourced providers
- Have experience supporting income generation
This role falls inside of IR35. Of the three days per week, at least one will be based in Contact office near Angel tube station.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.