This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well know Sports business as their Interim Financial Controller. The ideal candidate will have worked as a Financial Controller for at least 1 year in a business minimum size of £100 million turnover.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Financial Controller is responsible for management of the Financial Accounting team, developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to enable accurate and timely financial reporting and accounting. The role will ensure a robust system of control is in place across the business and will act as a key liaison with the Audit Committee, External Auditors, Risk Managers, Insurers, Bank, Tax advisors and Internal Audit. The role will oversee all group accounting arrangements, external reporting, tax accounting, returns and planning as well as manage the day-to-day transactional operations of the nominal ledger, purchase ledger and sales ledger of the subsidiary companies and oversight of the group's cash position.
- leading on all matters relating to taxation, audit and other regulatory requirements relating to the business.
- Managing the relationship with the company auditors; to oversee the preparation of all returns to comply with statutory regulations
- Managing the Financial Accounting team to ensure high standards of service delivery in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Overseeing the timely production of the statutory annual accounts Attending and providing the secretariat for the Audit Committee and ensures that any issues raised by the Audit Committee are dealt with appropriately.
- Ensuring that the Group has a rigorous system of internal control in place to safeguard the organisation's assets