This is a great opportunity for someone to join a fast growing hospitality business as the Financial Controller. The role will initially be interim but may go perm for the right person. As well as the day to day, this person will be overseeing a systems implementation. This role would suit a qualified accountant who has worked in a senior finance role within multi-site business (ideally restaurants) and has also been involved in a systems implementation.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Preparing accurate and timely budgets, delegating as necessary
- Maintaining overall responsibility for areas of compliance (audits/accounts/tax etc), but delegating responsibility for tasks where appropriate
- Overseeing the operations of the Finance Department, including maintaining an organisational structure that is adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Ensuring correct accounting treatment in accordance with FRS. For example, Lease accounting.
- Making sure all capital expenditure is accounted for and has been authorised.
- Reviewing KPIs, dashboards, weekly sales, consolidated accounts, bank reports and any other key reports before they are sent out