A multinational telecommunications company is looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join their team.
To oversee the execution and formal reporting on scheduled internal audits in order to independently assess:
− Reliability and integrity of financial and operational information
− Adequacy of, and compliance with, policies, plans, standards, laws and regulations which could have a significant impact upon operations
− Effectiveness in accomplishment of objectives and goals established for the company and projects
− Effectiveness and efficiency in the use of resources
− Internal control and process design
To manage departmental initiatives such as: talent development, planning resources and dates of the annual audit plan, audit quality monitoring and improvement, risk alignment, audit efficiency monitoring and improvement.
1) Design audit series that comply with the Standards of Professional Practice of Internal Auditing published by the Institute of Internal Auditors
2) Make decisions within general department guidelines that impact the support and funding of projects
3) Define risk areas and articulate risks to management and senior management
4) Oversee the execution of audit projects ensuring they are delivered on time and comply with the objectives defined for the department
5) Execute quality controls on audit programs for appropriate application of methodologies, tools and techniques
6) Deliver official Audit Reports
7) Review each audit dossier, work plan and audit findings for quality of design, execution and presentation
8) Review reports for quality of communication
9) Manage the development of direct reports on career path, provide guidance, supervise and coach
10) Perform annual reviews with direct reports
11) Responsible for team hours worked on audit projects
Knowledge & Experience
Preferred education/ qualifications:
· University degree in accounting, internal audit or other qualified discipline
· CPA, ACA, CIA, CIPM, CISA or equivalent certifications
Knowledge & Experience:
· Minimum 4 – 5 years of relevant experience with financial, operational and/or IT audit
· Fluent spoken and written English
Skills & Abilities:
· Well-rounded, business partner, who brings a broad-based audit and compliance background and proven track record of accomplishments.
· Thorough knowledge of audit principles and compliance frameworks (COSO, for example).
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving and timely problem escalation.
· Ability to present complex analysis with clarity and professionalism.
· Detail oriented and ability to understand the strategic direction of the Company and various departments.
· Ability to work and communicate with others in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
· Ability to travel a minimum of 25% of the time.
· Clear understanding and absolute adherence to ethical principles, Company values, code of business conduct and policies.
· Highly refined analytical skills to quickly review and analyze business processes to identify control deficiencies as well as business operating problems and opportunities.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and team skills; ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
· Tenacity to get to the bottom of control issues to ensure accurate and valuable reporting to management.
· Demonstrates leadership and credibility. Capable of generating a high degree of respect and trust, building relationships rapidly with the various operating units and corporate staff.
· Extremely smart, quick, people-oriented, energetic, professionally aggressive, with a strong work ethic