INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER
£68,000 + PACKAGE
One of the most globally recognised brands within the travel and leisure industry, based in West London is looking for an INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER to join the team to oversee and manage financial, operational (process) and field audits.
As the IT Audit Manager, you will have a variety of exciting responsibilities enabling you to oversee audits across the Group. From auditing processes, implementation projects, a wide range of technologies, presenting findings and forging strong relationships you will be managing the end to end audit delivery across the portfolio. This is a demanding role with significant interaction with management and a great opportunity to develop your knowledge of effective business controls that make a valuable contribution to the company's success and profitability.
- Simultaneously lead multiple teams providing assurance services via financial, operational, compliance and Sarbanes Oxley 404 audits as well as advisory services such as process improvement reviews and strategic initiatives.
- As appropriate, lead the investigation of allegations in conjunction with the Company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- For projects assigned, ensure the development of a risk-based audit scope and appropriate audit procedures to be performed.
- As required, review the work of the team members assigned to projects that you lead.
- As necessary, document and assess the design of controls under review.
- Perform audit testing to assess operating effectiveness of controls in place, prepare the appropriate work paper documentation, and conclude as required.
- Serve as a key interface with management associated with assigned audits.
- As necessary, lead the discussion of audit issues with management and co-develop action plans to address them timely.
- Review the audit report in conjunction with assigned audits, ensuring that it is complete, accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive, and timely.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of top talent.
- Coach and provide formal feedback to junior members of the department, including line manager of up to four reports.
- Build and maintain strong and productive relationships with management and third parties.
- Assist in driving the annual and ongoing risk assessment processes.
- Innovate as relates to the department's service delivery methodology.
- Ensure departmental resources are fully utilized.
- Extensive auditing experience.
- Relevant qualified
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with, UK/US GAAP/IFRS, the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002.
- Ideal but not essential - experience with a large, publicly-held, high transaction volume business or Big 4 accounting firm.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and technical skills that yield meaningful insight.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate with impact with all levels of the organization, both written and oral.
- Skilled in engaging productively in crucial conversations.
- Ability to identify and assess top talent.
- Experience coaching teams, resulting in improved performance and tangible results.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to apply a strong business acumen to add value and operate with appropriate perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and build strong relationships with key internal customers and third parties.
- Ability to act as a culture creator within the function.
- Willingness and ability to effectively and efficiently operate in a fast-paced, change-driven environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to move into a highly recognisable company where you will make a valuable contribution to the company's success.
Apply immediately if you would like to be considered for this position.