£50,000 - £52,000 + package
Working as part of a small but expanding specialist audit team, this global retailer has an exciting opportunity for a skilled, newly qualified external auditor.
They need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. They are looking for creative problem-solvers, someone who can ensure that they stay ahead in a fast moving industry.
You will be instrumental in delivering an efficient and effective audit plan for the business as well as opportunities to lead engagements.
What They give:
You'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. They'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Participate in pre-audit surveys, assemble and analyse operational and financial data and identify areas for subsequent audit. Design and prepare specific audit programmes for use by the audit team and estimate time requirements.
- Review and evaluate all completed work, findings and recommendations for accuracy, adequacy and presence of sufficient supporting documentation.
- On larger projects, may direct daily activities of assigned auditors, monitor work progress, provide guidance and adjust assignments as necessary.
- Perform controls testing and substantive audit work to a standard that may be relied upon by the external auditors for their statutory financial audit.
- May function as lead on some projects.
- May assist in training other auditors on specific audit areas.
- Consult with Audit Manager and Senior Management on problem areas and recommend appropriate commercially practical control improvements to manage these risks.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Recommend changes to audit programme, audit department policies and procedures.
- Deliver high quality audit reports (clear, concise, insightful).
You Will Need:
- ACA, ACCA, CISA or CIA qualifications are preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a Big Four public accounting firm.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting and auditing principles.
- SOx framework knowledge is strongly desired
- This position involves up to 20% travel, including some international travel.
- Strong understanding of internal controls testing, including experience of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Excellent communication, computer, and written skills a must.
- Excellent project management skills required.
- Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in German or Polish is advantageous.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with all levels of an organisation.
- 25 days' holidays per year
- Excellent staff discount
- Long term bonus
- Long term suppoort and encouragement
- Staff Purchase Scheme
Apply immediately to be considered for this role.