A Leading Independent Global Asset Manager based in Liverpool is seeking an Investment Accounting Manager on 6 months rolling contract. The Investment Accounting Manager will be Responsible for investment accounting reporting and valuation assurance of the organisation's defined benefit investment portfolio including securities and derivatives as well as the private market assets.
- Ensure that valuation assurance and investment accounting is complete and accurate for the relevant investment portfolios, that the scheme books and records accurately reflect investment transactions and balances, maintain the control assurance framework in accordance with policy and best practices and formulate recommendations where optionality exists.
- Ensure appropriate control and oversight exists over the investment accounting and reporting of private market assets including relevant SPVs, PE/hedge fund assets.
- Deliver timely investment reporting, ensuring financial control and integrity.
- Lead and develop part of the Investment Accounting team in Liverpool to be high performing and high
- For private market deals, provide transaction support and input to potential investment structures ensuring a coordinated approach and business focused response to key product changes and consultations.
- Provide challenge and support to senior management ensuring investment valuation, pricing verification and investment reporting is fit for purpose to enable decision making and support the effective operation of the Fair Value Committee
To apply for the role, it is essential you have both a significant knowledge in Valuations and Pricing risk & fee structures along with a strong Investment Management background. In addition to a strong skill set of:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Holds a professional finance & accounting qualification.
- Excellent product knowledge of investments generally, investment vehicles, valuation methods, pricing risk and fee structures.
- Knowledge and experience of financial systems, accounting processes and controls.1
My client is looking to fill this role asap and candidates who match the above requirements are encouraged to submit their CV without delay.