A Leading insurance company is hiring an Investment Manager to be a part of their London Office’s Shareholder Investment team on a permanent basis.
This role is to support, and in some cases lead, a broad range of activities, predominately focused on the Matching Adjustment Portfolio.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Management information production including for Board and Divisional Committees
- Portfolio management activities including (1) portfolio monitoring, (2) data analytics e.g., exposure analyses, and (3) identifying and managing emerging risks and issues
- Calculation of financial metric impacts of trading activities
- Risk management and governance support
- Support the change agenda of the organisation and CIO function; and ad-hoc analysis and requests on assets.
- Support Investment Strategy development, implementation and monitoring
- Ongoing oversight and assessment of internal and external fund managers, including performance assessment and investment mandate maintenance
- Development and implementation of plans to deliver company’s climate ambitions including climate data analytics and Management Information
- Support oversight of collateral management and derivative activities
Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in a relevant investment management or related insurance field
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of financial markets and risk
- Relevant business degree or equivalent, recognised investment or financial professional qualification e.g., Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), actuarial etc.
- High levels of proficiency in financial mathematics concepts and accounting principles and techniques
- Strong IT skills, including advanced Excel. Some programming ability (Python, R, VBA) a benefit but not essential
- Strong fit with our values: curious, positive and enthusiastic; can do attitude; focus on pace and delivery; and willing to challenge the status quo
- Awareness of commercial and financial matters – understanding of credit risk and implications for different sectors. Solvency II and investment strategy for insurers beneficial
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written / oral communicator
- Good time management and strong organisational skills, showing an ability to prioritise and plan in a flexible and proactive manner
- Track record of owning delivery of tasks and stakeholder management
- Paying up to £75,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some company’s products
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme