I'm currently recruiting for a IFRS 16 project Manager to join a well known retailer.
The key role of the Programme Manager will be to oversee the successful implementation of IRFS 16 to ensure regulatory and legislative compliance by the effective date.
The role requires effective co-ordination of the programme's projects and managements of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. It will involve the implementation and integration of new operational and accounting software across the entire business including updated business processes and controls to ensure business as usual going forward.
The Programme Manager will be managing a number of work streams and will provide regular updates to the Steering Committee, the board and the audit committee and other key stakeholders. The role is crucial for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum and ensuring delivery by the transition date of the December 2019.
- Developing and implementing an effective programme structure across the Group projects relating to IRFS 16
- Pro-actively managing communications with all stakeholders including the Steering Committee, audit committee and the board of directors
- Identifying and developing the key milestones for the project
- Monitoring and tracking project milestones and escalating as necessary to the Steering Committee on regular basis
- Developing and maintaining the Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies (RAID) log and communicating this to the Steering Committee and Group PMO office on regular basis
- Managing the programme budget to ensure business benefits are achieved in a cost efficient manner
- Providing strong leadership to the project teams (in-house and 3rd party) and actively representing the project teams, ensuring effective relationships are built and maintained
- Ensuring that training is delivered consistently to all territories in an effective manner
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing the performance of the projects' teams, internal and external suppliers
- Mobilisation of the programme to ensure success from the start e.g. recruitment of roles in to the programme ensures relevant skills and experience
- Managing the IT schedule and resource dependencies to mitigate potential conflict between programmes to keep timelines on track