Goodman Masson are working with a leading Investment Bank to find a highly experienced IFRS 9 consultant. This is an incredibly dynamic project with the opportunity to develop skills further and be part of an exciting stage of the company’s lifespan. This role is an intial 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension. Ranging from £400-£650pd UMB
- Apply your in-depth understanding of IFRS 9 requirements to ensure accurate and compliant financial reporting within the investment bank.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to gather and document accounting requirements aligned with IFRS 9 implementation, enabling the bank to meet regulatory standards.
- Develop and execute comprehensive testing strategies to validate the accuracy and effectiveness of IFRS 9 accounting models and processes.
- Conduct meticulous map and gap analysis to identify areas where existing accounting practices require adjustments to align seamlessly with IFRS 9 standards.
- Utilise your data analysis skills to evaluate the quality, completeness, and consistency of data used in IFRS 9 accounting calculations and disclosures.
- Provide expert guidance and support to stakeholders in designing and implementing appropriate IFRS 9 accounting frameworks, policies, and procedures.
- Stay at the forefront of industry developments in IFRS 9 standards, proactively assessing the impact of regulatory changes on accounting practices within the investment bank.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams, auditors, and regulators to ensure full compliance with IFRS 9 accounting requirements.
- Deliver engaging training programmes to enhance the understanding of IFRS 9 principles among staff and ensure successful adoption of best practices.
- Share your insights into industry best practices with the team, driving continuous improvement in IFRS 9 accounting processes.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Extensive experience working with IFRS 9 concepts, including expected credit losses, impairment, hedge accounting, disclosures, models, and their application to accounting practices within the Financial Services industry, ideally within an investment bank.
- Strong understanding of complex financial products and instruments within the banking sector, enabling you to navigate and interpret intricate accounting requirements.
- Proven track record in gathering accounting requirements and conducting rigorous testing related to IFRS 9 implementations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed map and gap analysis, providing actionable recommendations to enhance accounting practices.
- Proficiency in data analysis techniques and tools, allowing you to manipulate and interpret large volumes of financial data accurately.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, enabling you to effectively communicate complex concepts to diverse stakeholders, including senior management.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work autonomously or collaboratively within a team, adapting to the fast-paced environment of a leading investment bank.
- Up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry guidelines related to IFRS 9 standards.
- Relevant certifications or qualifications in accounting, finance, or risk management are highly desirable.
If you are a highly skilled IFRS 9 Accounting Consultant seeking a contract role within a prestigious investment bank, this is an excellent opportunity to contribute your expertise to the successful implementation of IFRS 9 standards. Join us and be part of a dynamic team that drives financial excellence and compliance within a leading investment bank.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.